But yes, you may not be able to use some of the amazing Apple’s
Airpod features that do not go well with Android devices
- On iPhone, with just a tap you can access Siri for changing songs, adjusting volume etc.
- In the Settings app on an iOS device, you can change what the double tap gesture does.
- It allows them to easily switch between using AirPods with an iPad, iPhone, Apple Watch, and Mac.
- On the iPhone, you can ask Siri about the Airpods battery life.
- On iPhone, the Airpod pauses whatever you are listening when you remove it from your ear.
- Listening to music with a single Airpod is limited to iOS devices.
Airpod features that work well with Android devices
Though AirPods functionality on Android is very limited but the good news is that the double feature works very well. When you double tap on one of the AirPods, it will play or pause the music.
Another additional benefit to AirPods to Android is Bluetooth connectivity distance. Generally AirPods have a much longer Bluetooth range than other Bluetooth enabled headphones, which is true for both Android and iOS.
How to add Back Lost Functionality
AirBattery adds a feature that lets you see the charge level of your AirPods. It includes battery levels for the left AirPod, right AirPod, and charging case, much like the battery interface on iOS devices. It also has an experimental ear detection feature when used with Spotify, which can pause music when you remove an AirPod.
How to pair AirPods to an Android Smartphone?
AirPods pair to an Android Smartphone like any other Bluetooth device, but you there are some specific steps to follow. Here are those steps to be followed:
- Open up the AirPod case
- Go to the Bluetooth settings in your Android device
- On the AirPod case, you have to hold the pairing button which is placed in the rear
- Look for the term iPods in the list of Bluetooth accessories and then click on pair
- After tapping “Pair,” the AirPods should successfully connect to your Android device.
Then should you buy one for your Android device?
Even without many of the bells and whistles available on iOS devices, AirPods have some attractive features that may appeal to Android users. Many AirPods users find them to be quite comfortable and stable in the ears, with little risk of them falling out, and the battery life is absolutely appealing. AirPods are a no brainer because you’ll be able to use them on both devices with few tradeoffs if you download the appropriate Android apps.